Directly employing support workers was held on 13 March 2021
Directly employing your support workers - What does it take to meet your obligations?
For maximum choice and control under the NDIS, learn what it takes to directly employ your support workers.Do away with the frustrations of dealing with agency staff. Lead by Julie Duong, an experienced NDIS self manager, directly employing her support workers. This is an interactive online workshop for self-managers will give you a step-by-step guide to direct employment. You will be taken through an overview of your obligations as an employer & get some tips on how to make the process quick and easy.
This event is part of the Self Manager Hub Peer Networking event series for self managers and NDIS participants who want to learn how to self manage their NDIS funding.
This peer workshop is only available to paid members of the Self Manager Hub. Trial subscribers are not eligible for this event. If you are a paid member, you will have received an email with the promotional code that you need to enter in order to book your ticket.
Tickets are strictly limited. You can purchase you ticket at Eventbrite
Here is a sneak peek of some of our future topics:
- Can I buy that? Being creative & Getting the best outcomes with your self-managed funding with Sam Paior from The Growing Space
- How to find and maintain a good support team
- Be prepared for an audit - Record keeping without stress using accounting software with
Can I buy it? 10 April 2021
SELF MANAGER HUB PEER WORKSHOP SATURDAY, APRIL 10 AT 2 PM
Join NDIS Self-Management Expert, Sam Paior, to learn about what your self managed funding can be spent on – creatively and legally
About this Event
Are you a self managed NDIS participant who wants to learn more about what you can spend your funding on? Australia's expert on NDIS self management Sam Paior will help you to understand how you can be creative with your funding and achieve great outcomes without getting into trouble with the law.
This workshop will cover:
- What will NDIS fund (the technical terms are reasonable and necessary) and what you can buy with your funding (we call this the "can I buy it" checklist)
- What is fraud and what is misuse? It's important that you understand the difference.
- How to use the "can I buy it" checklist so you can have great outcomes and achieve your goals.
This event is part of the Self Manager Hub Peer Networking event series for self managers and NDIS participants who want to learn how to self manage their NDIS funding. Trial members are not eligible for this event. Self managers can get their fee reimbursed through their plan.
Important things you need to know about this event:
- We can only have 25 people in this workshop so that it is interactive and so people can ask questions and feel safe.
- We know that more than 25 people will want to attend this workshop.
- We know that people with disability and people in Western Australia and South Australia are disadvantaged when events sell out.
- All fully paid self manager hub website members will be able to apply for a ticket now with the promo code you received when you joined (Hint: E*********1). On Friday April 2 we will randomly draw 25 names who will be invited to attend the workshop and who will receive the zoom link.
So, if you want to attend this workshop, please become a paid subscriber to the Self Manager Hub website, if you are not already. Then book your ticket by 12 PM on April 2 on eventbrite, using the access code that was emailed to you when you joined (the same access code will apply to all peer workshops). Put the date in your diary and we will let you know on 3 April if you are one of the 25 people who will join us.